Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Week 9




Today at learn and serve the students ate breakfast in the cafeteria and were coming back in the room just minutes after I arrived. The aid went to the cafeteria with them and when she came in, she told Mrs. Drennan about a problem between the two girls, but unfortunately she did not see what happened. So Mrs. Drennan had to call the two girls to the front table to find out what happened. It was very interesting to watch the girls and see who was willing to tell the truth. But neither girl really came totally out and told the truth, so they both were given two checks. While the students were in library I talked with Mrs. Drennan about their way of discipline for the students. She explained that to me but she also said that this year's class is very mild and she has not had any problems with the students, there are two that they have to watch. Then I observed the reading lesson with the group that is more advanced and I noticed that she was teaching to the top, like we discuss in class. The book that the students were reading was fairly difficult for their level, but she told me that she really felt they would be able to handle it if they were pushed. Which from the work that I saw they had done well with writing about the events of the beginning of the story. Then I worked with Ronald on his math problems again. He did much better on the few problems he started before I was helping him. The only problems that he really struggled with were the ones that were adding numbers higher than 5 because he had trouble figuring out how to show 6 or 7 fingers on one hand and seeing the two different sets of numbers.

1 comment:

  1. OK -there's a lot here: social skills, literacy and math
    What effective hyperlinks would show that you are thinking critically?
    Why do kids struggle with math? What is the difference between conceptual understanding and computational understanding?

    If a kid can write about something he/she has read what does this indicate in relation to his/her ability? Why is writing about reading an important part of literacy?

    What digital images would support your reflection?

    ReplyDelete