Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Quiz 8


Today in class we got in groups and came up with ideas for videos to make to help students understand the play She Stoops to Conquer. We had to come up with ideas and make videos taping each other. As a group we walked around campus to video tape. Our group decided to make our video a commercial and we used the idea of an e-Harmony commercial and we talk about the different characters. By having the characters describe their profile it showed their personality and qualities that contributed to the play.
I noticed that groups decided to use different ways to portray the play. I noticed that some students that may not always really speak up in class really seemed to like this activity. Its a different way to learn and show that you know something.
I wonder how these videos will turn out and if we really showed them to high school students if they would really help them out. Hopefully they will help students learn and understand the poem.
I am really excited to learn about the Opportunities Unlimited program. It is very interesting and it sounds like a great organization to help people in the Niagara area. There should be more organizations like this.
As far as I know the only time that I have ever worked or spent time with an adult with a cognitive or developmental disability has been at work, at Clarie's. There are some regulars that come in a group and I help them find some fun accessories that they are looking for. In the group they come with two to three adults. They look for a hair accessory or maybe earrings. I love asking them what they want exactly and I try to find the closest thing we have to what they are looking for. When they come in they are so sweet and friendly, I always go up and help them find what they are looking for.

1 comment:

  1. Check for a hyperlink...
    what are the options for young adults with IDD? what can they do, how does society treat them?

    ReplyDelete